Main content

Explore visa options

For students coming to Australia to study, the most common visa is the Student visa (subclass 500). After completing studies in Australia, eligible students can apply for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) to live and work in Australia.  Alternatively, short-term or temporary visas may better suit your study experience.

How to apply for a student visa

Find out how to apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) for Australia, with this helpful step-by-step guide.

Student and Temporary Graduate visa changes: 2024

A summary of recent announcements