Northern Territory in brief
- 3,600 international students
- 100 different nationalities living in the Territory
- 20 registered CRICOS providers, 1 university
- Gateway to Asia
- Darwin, the only capital city in the world named after a scientist – Charles Darwin
- Charles Darwin University ranked 3rd in Australia for graduate outcomes and 1st for salary rankings*
*According to the 2018 Quality Indicators for Teaching and Learning Survey (an initiative funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training).
In the Northern Territory you’ll find:
- high quality Australian qualifications delivered in a safe, friendly community
- employers who welcome international students with job and career growth opportunities, including casual work during studies, internships as part of your course, and with the right visa, post study employment in your field of study
- a vibrant population made up of people from all over the world
- warm weather
The Northern Territory’s capital, Darwin, is cosmopolitan and vibrant with all the essential services and infrastructure of a capital city. With over 100 different multicultural and community groups, Darwin is home to many exciting festivals, cultural and social activities, and food extravaganzas.
With stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history, Alice Springs is a thriving, spirited outback centre.
The Northern Territory is also home to two of Australia’s world famous natural wonders: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and Kakadu National Park.
The Northern Territory Government, in partnership with education providers offers, Study in Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarships to talented students to study in the Territory. The scholarships are available at all levels of study.
Charles Darwin University (CDU)
CDU is truly unique. As an international university, students, staff, academic and research endeavours are globally connected and respected. No other single Australian university services such a large area of the continent, with the Northern Territory campus locations showcasing the best of a tropical cosmopolitan lifestyle, right on Asia’s doorstep.
CDU has developed a reputation as one of the most innovative teaching and learning, and most research-intensive universities in Australia. CDU qualifications are recognised globally, and graduates are highly valued and sought after.